Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Newest Year.

*Kazoo sound!*
I don't know what's gotten into me recently, but I've stuck with the being social on holidays thing and decided to go out on New Year's Eve. I've had notoriously disappointing NYE "celebrations" in the past, and know in advance to opt out of any major events that could be going on. (I know I know, like all other holidays. Cue tiny violin.) Sweats and Chinese food? Check and check.

Not this year, folks! Both boxes unchecked, I was going to put on my birthday skirt and head over to my favorite restaurant for dinner, with Ellie. It was really fun for some reason, an extra good time doing the same thing that'd been done so many times before. Maybe it was the added NYE ambiance, balloons, champagne, (my skirt!) and all? Whatever the reason, I love when a night becomes an unexpectedly good time.

Christian sent me a text as we were about to leave, inviting me to his apartment for a small get-together. Ellie had plans later on, so this would ensure I wouldn't head straight home to my couch after dinner (and order Chinese food), which was the original game plan.

So I went.

Not one, but two plans I had for the night - a New Year's Eve night, at that! The craziest part about the whole thing? I had fun...

New year, new me?

No comments:

Post a Comment