Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14th.

Life is short. Really short for some people, which I think about often. Sometimes consciously, and other times I'm handed a reminder. Like two hours ago, when a birthday alert for my best friend Kenny flashed on my iPhone, balloon emojis and all. I knew it was his birthday today. I've known this day, September 14th, as Kenny's Birthday since the seventh grade. Today, I would have been making fun of him for officially being "old." Today, Kenny would have been thirty.

A few years ago, I sent him a photo of us from elementary school. Happy birthday to my favorite guy! 

No, he corrected me, your favorite person in the world. 

So that's exactly how I captioned the photo when I posted it later that day, as a birthday tribute.

Happy birthday to my favorite person in the world, my brother and best friend, Kenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment