Thursday, June 4, 2015

Wanderlust.

I touched on "life's three must haves" before: something to do, something to love, and something to look forward to. I've noticed that whenever I'm feeling a bit bleh, one of these is lacking. Something to do and love are the two I don't typically find myself struggling with; something to look forward to, however, can be a bit of a challenge.

My life changed when I began traveling. Sometimes I can't believe that my first time traveling internationally consisted of a three-country tour with one of my best girlfriends, because it almost sounds too good to be true. It happened alright, and from that point on, the desire to travel stayed with me. I caught that damn travel bug.

I'm not in a funk per se, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with a few things in my life right now. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with little Ziggy, I'm really feeling the loss of my friend Kenny as of late, and the fact that my father has popped back into my life has really thrown me for a loop. I can feel my anxiety increasing, along with the need to get away. I'm in need of something to look forward to. Specifically, a new stamp in my passport.

To keep my excitement up about future travel plans (and to remind myself that I've been pretty fortunate thus far), I've rounded up some past travel photos that make me happy. And eager to put my camera to work.


Santa Teresa, Costa Rica



 



Sydney, Australia

   




Kuta, Bali





Part II shall follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment