Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wedding: Khamile & Shakir

Weddings are much more intimidating to photograph than I thought.  I mean, other than the fact that I didn't want to screw up the most important day of two people's lives, I never realized the physical intensity that goes into shooting a wedding. Countless hours of squatting and bobbing and weaving, exhausting all the energy you possibly have to get people to "smile!" leaves you feeling like you went to Barry's Bootcamp. For like a week.

I felt honored to be able to capture such a sacred time for a couple, though. To be trusted with that job was a big deal to me. That may sound lame, but it's the truth. It was a total learning experience--a beautiful one, at that--and I'd hope to have the opportunity to do it again in the future.

Congrats, to Khamile and  Shakir!


Note: I'm not sure why some photos are publishing with a grainy look? 

1 comment: