Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mi Viaje A Panamá.

Kind of on a whim, I decided to go to Panama. The past few months had been really, really challenging...brutal, to be honest, but I digress. I knew I needed to escape somewhere (anywhere!), but in my newfound state of singledom, I realized the following:

1- I no longer had a go-to travel or life partner. 
2- My friends have their own lives (and partners), and can't just up and leave when I need them to.
3- I am getting older (realization reaffirmed due to number 2, above).
4- I did not want to travel alone. I'd already felt alone enough at home.

Womp.

Fortunately, after the wallowing and self-pitying, I got to thinking--and I remembered that my good friend from highschool lives in Panama! We had stayed in touch over the years, and had actually been communicating more and more with technological advancements (holler, WhatsApp!). She'd been inviting me to visit her since we graduated, and honestly, I could not think of a better time to take her up on the offer. 

So I did. 

And off to Panama, kind of alone--but not really--I went.

I downloaded my first book on my Nook (thanks, Mom!), and watched my flight progress.
 I found Panamanian fries! (Insert prayer emoji.)
 I left lipstick stains on my pineapple juice. More importantly, I made enough effort to put on lipstick.
 I ate obscene amounts of food, the majority of which I had no clue what I was even eating.
(Continued.)
 I took a tour of the Panama Canal.
I learned about the laborious construction of the canal.
I took touristy photos of myself in front of the canal.
I made friends at the canal (lol).
I even watched a ship pass through the canal (which was pretty cool, by the way).
Finally, I captured other people learning about the canal.
(Even the youngest of people.)

Stay tuned for more...

1 comment:

  1. I love the miniature replica boat! I watched a documentary on the canal being built when I was a kid and was always fascinated and wanted to see the locks in action. So cool you got to see that. Food looks ridiculous too. Glad you came back tho ;)

    ReplyDelete