Monday, March 9, 2015

Mi Viaje A Panamá (II).

Panama City, día una, parte dos.

After my tour of the Panama Canal, I hopped back on the tour bus (it was one of those "hop-on hop-off" tours), and headed to Old Panama, or Casco Viejo (orrr Casco Antiguo). I had made friends with a couple of Americans at the canal--one guy was even from SoCal(!)--and we decided to team up for the rest of the day. I was the only one who spoke even a little Spanish, so I felt kind of cool when I ordered lunch for the group--after inquiring about the best food on the menu, in Espanol, of course (#humblebrag).

The vibrant colors here reminded me a of Portugal.
A perk of meeting people: getting to be in a photo!

Note: portraits can be tricky. I always ask prior to taking someone's photo, and I'll be sure to tip any musician.
(In this case, I asked if I could take a portrait and bought a couple pieces of his jewelry.)
 This is one of my favorites. It's kind of hard to see, but there are people playing (or fishing?) in the water.
      (más por venir)

No comments:

Post a Comment