Tuesday, October 7, 2014

For the boring folks, like myself...


Here is the (huge) turkey taco salad that I made myself last night. I prefaced this blog with "boring" not because I think so; but rather everyone who likes flavor in their food may think so.

I don't like tomatoes. I know, it's weird, and that means I'm not a pizza or pasta lover which is even more weird, but it is what it is. So when I cook, I usually make two versions of things: non-boring for the boyfriend, and boring for myself. This taco salad is really easy to customize, so to throw in some tomatoes, avocado and salsa for the bf is pretty easy. I just keep it simple with the lettuce base, and throw the turkey (sauteed with onion), beans and cheese on top. (And I did make my own tortilla chips, to jazz it up just a bit. Ha.)

Here's a fun fact: I never liked cheese or beans, so it's even weird that I'm eating that, when I think of it. I used to go to Taco Bell with my dad, and I would order crunchy tacos with only lettuce. And one time, they gave me my tacos with literally only lettuce--no meat--and my dad had to go in and tell them a taco would not be a taco without meat. So, at least I'm not as bad as I used to be.

1 comment: