Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII.


This past Sunday was Superbowl Sunday. I was already a bit uninterested in the game since the Patriots weren't playing, but I have a slight embarrassing confession: I was kind of interested in the Broncos winning (despite them beating the Patriots), because I became fans of Eric Decker and Jessie James from watching their reality show. (I know, embarrassing.) For those of you who watched the game, or some of it before turning the channel, it wasn't really a great game to watch. The upside, however (at least in my situation), was the food! I hadn't really done a whole Sunday football feast before, but since I was having a couple of people over, I figured go all out and bring a restaurant/bar to my own apartment.

I made a lot of food. Probably too much, but hey, it was worth it and well-received. I made soft pretzel bites--cinnamon and sugar and regular--and made a Gouda cheese dipping sauce for the regular ones. Speaking of cheese, I made football-shaped brownies, and bought icing for the football laces. (I had to do something football related.) I also made buffalo chicken sliders with ranch dressing, and made turkey meatball sliders with mozzarella and basil (not pictured). The surprising hit of the night was buffalo cauliflower bites, which I had wanted to try for a while. The boys loved them! And finally, I busted out my fryer to make boneless buffalo chicken wings, too. They were perfection. So, the game aside, my night was a success. (Sorry, Broncos.)

(See below for recipes!)



Buffalo cauliflower bites
Buffalo chicken sliders *(I can't find the exact recipe I used, but they're all pretty similar.)
Boneless Buffalo chicken wings
Soft pretzel bites

No comments:

Post a Comment