Friday, December 13, 2013

The man of the hour, my Papa.


My sweet Papa gets even sweeter with age, like a fine wine. I was thrilled that this year, for his big 80th 50th birthday, he and my grandmother were able to celebrate here in Los Angeles! My uncle (their son) lives here too, along with his wife and daughter (my only cousin on my mother's side, who I waited 20 years for!), so they generally try to make it out here a couple times a year to see everyone. But having them here for a birthday was extra special.

It was great to be able to celebrate my Papa with friends and family from LA. I mean, how many people can say they are so loved, from coast to coast? We had a wonderful Italian dinner with even more wonderful company, and I'd have to say, it's one of my favorite memories of having my family here.



^^A birthday toast, from my uncle.
^^And a birthday speech (which made me tear up a bit).
^^My Papa's leading lady, my Gram.







^^(Isn't he the cutest.)

^^Cheers to you, my Papa! Happy, happy birthday.
^^& Just because I really liked my outfit, and wasn't able to get a photo at dinner. Not a bad accessory on my arm, either ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, he is the cutest. I recall many good times with him and your gram.....and I totally agree about your outfit, including all accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete