Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Nickel Diner.

 The description on the Nickel Diner website pretty much sums it up: "The Nickel… is a new kind of downtown diner, a Ships for a generation for whom full-sleeve tattoos are the new black, and it’s about time." So clearly, it's my kinda spot.

After living downtown for an embarrassingly long time, I finally made my way to the diner. I know it's been around for a while, and is known for their good portion sizes and specialized doughnuts (bacon maple, anyone?!), so I was eager to check it out! 

^^The only mild downside was that I didn't have a huge appetite (strange enough), so I ordered the oatmeal with caramelized apples. I know, it kind of defeated the purpose of going to eat things they were known for. (But I also ate half of Joe's potatoes. Potatoes, fries, I mean...I can't help it.)
^^His typical order: pancakes and eggs.
^^And these! I need to go back again to only eat the doughnuts. That top bacon maple is for sure the one I'll be eating.
^^Cheese!^^
I consider these goofy selfies as practice for our trip, next month. (28 days!)

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide which photo I love more...the goofy one of you and joe or the one of the donuts. Probably the donuts. ;-)

    ReplyDelete