Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Must Make: Turkey tostada bowl.

It's funny, I always find myself going to Ross, TJ Maxx, etc., with the intention of buying like, a pair of socks. But I never wind up with what I go shopping for, and it's kind of funny what I find myself bringing home. Like tostada pans, for example. But, as someone who loves to cook, and has tried making makeshift  tostada shells by trying to fold a tortilla over a heart-shaped brownie pan, I figured these would be pretty useful. 

I was right.

I do cook a lot with turkey, so I was excited to use my tostada pans to make perfectly shaped tostada bowls. (And I love to impress with an impeccably plated meal, I'm not going to lie.) For the tostada bowls, I kept it simple and used pretty much the same thing I use for my chili.

Ingredients:
  • 1 package lean ground turkey (browned)
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 can tri-bean
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 1 red bell pepper 
  • 1 tomato
  • Shredded lettuce
  • 1t chili powder (or cayenne)
  • 1t black pepper
  • 1t cumin
  • 1/2t onion powder
  • 1/2t garlic powder
  • Shredded cheddar topping, to taste
Instructions:
Bake your shell in the oven, and while you're waiting, saute the onion and garlic in a pan with oil. Brown the turkey next, add the beans and peppers, season, and done! I used lettuce and cheese for toppings--and that's all for me, since I'm boring - but feel free to add guacamole, salsa, sour cream, etc. to yours!
 

PS, find similar tostada pans here!

No comments:

Post a Comment