Monday, October 14, 2013

Must Make: Crunchy kale salad.


I went to lunch in Echo Park with my friend Jane a couple weeks back, and saw a crunchy kale salad on the menu. I didn't order it, but for some reason I kept thinking about it after I had left the restaurant. I decided to wing my own crunchy kale salad, and came up with my own version, below.

Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch kale
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Toasted pine nuts (amount is based upon preference)
  • Bread crumbs (amount is based upon preference)
Instructions:

Toast the pine nuts in a saute pan first, then added the kale until it had softened just a bit (you don't want it to wilt). Then add the lemon juice to tone down the taste of the kale, and finally, the bread crumbs. Toss and enjoy! (It's super easy, and it's super good. A total win/win.)

No comments:

Post a Comment