Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ART MOBB GREATNESS


I met Mike when I first moved to LA, probably 8 or 9 years ago, and he immediately became "fam." It's funny how some people just make their way into your lives like that, and I'm glad he did (thanks, Cait!).

He's been heavy into art for the time I've known him, so it totally made sense when he founded his professional brand, Art Mobb. It didn't take long for him to gain a reputation for his artwork; he's even been compared to the likes of Andy Warhol: "Farhat's work has come to represent the modern athlete like Warhol's paintings embodied the cultural icons he depicted in the 60s and 70s. It's not "Pop Art," but it's "art that pops" with athletes.

(The fiance of a girl I used to work with wrote this article about Mike, which landed on the Yahoo! homepage, and is where I got the quote, above. Small world, isn't it?)

As I've mentioned, I'm pretty OCD and I save way too many things--but I'm pretty pumped that I saved birthday cards from Mike, which included little drawings. I'll bank on those being worth something someday, so good looking, Mike!

This past Sunday, he held a charity art show at his downtown art gallery (which, conveniently enough, is only a block away from me), that was co-hosted by Matt Barnes (of the Clippers), benefiting athletes vs. cancer. Here are a few snapshots from the event:


^^Oh hey, Clipper Darrell!




^^Art Mobb, represent. (lol)
^^Look at these two handsome guys...two of my favorites!

^^How cute are these two? I met Liz at my very first job out of college, the Rubicon Project, and I hadn't seen her in years. It was such a fun surprise, and I got to congratulate her in person on her engagement! 



^^And take a look at this stunner! You know her from here and here ;)
^^I just adore her!
^^And him :)
(I felt weird lending my camera to some guy I didn't know, but I'm glad I did, because this came out of it!)

Mike, I admire your passion, and am proud of all you've accomplished. I can't wait to see what else the future holds for you!


1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for an excellent contextual advertising network, I suggest you take a look at Chitika.

    ReplyDelete