Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A little thank you note.


I'd like to take a moment and say thank you for all the kind words after sharing this post. The amount of "I'm so happy for you" and "you look so happy" and "you deserve it" comments (and texts and emails) are truly overwhelming. I know many of you know that I had some challenging things to deal with a couple years back, and I really do thank you for the constant support and appreciate where the love is coming from (and when it's time, I may share it all here). To continue on the honesty train, I have to admit, as much as I'm grateful for these sentiments, they also kind of terrify me. (Weird, right?) Maybe it's the amount of attention--albeit good attention--that I typically try to shy away from. Maybe it's a bit of fear, from the sharing itself. But anyway...

I think being entirely happy is when you have more than just one good thing going on; it's like a bunch of really good things collide at once to create the fireworks, you know? You can't just pinpoint it to one thing, or one person. So yes, I now have a wonderful boyfriend -- amidst some other really great things in my life. I have two happy and healthy (and beautiful!) dogs, a consistent job that I feel really good about, a new-found shopping addiction based upon the good things happening from work (maybe this is both good and bad?), an apartment that I love and am finally starting to redecorate, great family and friends, and an upcoming trip to Europe to be thankful for...I mean, I've got a pretty good list going. And I am truly happy and feel blessed for each and every single thing on that list. So thank you, again, for your sweet words, and for keeping all of the good things I have in my life in the forefront of my mind. It means a lot.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment