Thursday, August 1, 2013

Must Make- Roasted cauliflower, potato & mushroom quinoa in balsamic vinaigrette.

I think I'm getting pretty good with quinoa. Once you figure out how to put flavor into it (using chicken broth instead of water, blasting it with garlic and lemon, or adding dressings and hot sauce), you can whip up all kinds of meals from there, probably using things you already have in your kitchen.

I made a roasted cauliflower, sweet potato and mushroom quinoa, over a bed of sauteed spinach, with balsamic vinaigrette and  blue cheese on top. I used all of the veggies I had in my fridge, which was perfect. And I had leftover blue cheese from the buffalo chicken quinoa

 

Here's another simple recipe for you:
  •  Make 1 cup of quinoa (note: I use 2C of chicken broth instead of water), and while that's cooking, roast your veggies (with seasonings of your choice) at 400° for about 30 minutes. Don't forget to flip them over halfway!
  • Combine quinoa and veggies when done! Use about 1/4C balsamic vinaigrette (or however much you'd like) as dressing, and top with blue cheese! Goat cheese probably would have been best, but I had blue already.
As always, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment