Friday, August 23, 2013

Must Make - Fruit cobb salad.

I've been on a spinach-fruit salad kick for some time now, which is weird, because my old self would never imagine my current self eating raw spinach and goat cheeses and such. But I must say, I'm really liking my current self with my age-appropriate pallet.

Taking a cue from my go-to spinach, strawberry, blueberry, and goat cheese salad, I decided to throw Cobb salad ingredients in the mix to create a Fruit Cobb salad of sorts, with turkey bacon, chicken, cherry tomatoes (for the bf, I don't like them), boiled egg, and avocado. I also diced some cucumbers and shredded fresh mozzarella, and tossed it all with raspberry vinaigrette! I don't think I've been this anxious to eat a salad in...well, ever. It was really, really good...and I'm patting myself on the back for it.

(Also of note: this has been one of the few days I haven't used my crockpot crackpot since purchased!)

No comments:

Post a Comment