It's crazy to think I've lived in this city almost an entire decade. (It's also crazy to think I'm that old...to have lived in a city post-highschool for that long.) I never thought twice about the move after I made it; LA just instantaneously become home. I almost felt bad, because so many people would ask if I missed "home," and I would think "but wait...I am home, here in LA!"
So, as I become nostalgic about my first years here, I can remember why I so easily fell in love with this place:
- The beautiful SoCal weather.
- People say hello if you pass by them! (I hadn't noticed that so much in Massachusetts.)
- The beaches--Malibu days with my dogs are my favorite.
- Dog parks! I lived across the street from one for a few years, and it was so convenient.
- The lax environment (which can also be a bit slow and annoying to me at times--but I still love it).
- Exercising outside: amazing hikes and the Santa Monica stairs, in particular.
- Flea market shopping at the Rose Bowl and Melrose Trading Post.
- Farmers Market Sundays (and now Wednesdays and Thursdays).
- Hands down, the best Mexican food around.
- Smart people from all walks of life (I love me a good convo).
- Street culture--graffiti art, considered as actual art!
- My home of the last 4ish years, Downtown LA.
(More opinions of why LA is so great, here, here and here.)