Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How to keep your man, food edition: Lasagna grilled cheese.

So, I think I feel a new series coming on, titled "How to keep your man." It's all food related. I mean, they say the key to a man's heart is through their stomach, right? So, I think it's aptly titled.

Anyway. I stole another recipe from Joy the Baker that I thought my guy would like: lasagna grilled cheese. I'm not a tomato fan, and I'm still slowly getting into cheese, but I put myself aside and wanted to make this for him. (Here is where I pat myself on the back for being a good girlfriend.) I tweaked the recipe just a bit, because for some reason I couldn't find cherry tomatoes at the grocery store, but other than that, I used this recipe!

^^Place mozzarella on 2 slices of bread, and tomatoes (with salt and pepper on top) on one of the two...^^
^^Smear ricotta mixed with fresh basil, salt and pepper on the other piece...^^
^^And smash them together. Here is the pre-grilled "work of art," (as my bf called it)^^
Voila! I know, I know. I need to work on my grilling skills. Or on my food-photography skills; I just get so into cooking that I forget I'm kind of sharing this for everyone to see, and thus forget make it pretty. But I mean lasagna is messy anyway, so whatever. It was gone in about 3 seconds, so I think I did well. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment