Monday, June 10, 2013

Current obsession: black & white.


When it comes to interior design, I find myself flip-flopping from almost obnoxious colors and patterns, to simple and clean blacks and whites. It's hard to find a style for my apartment for this reason; I feel I need to combine some boho-chic-vintage-meets-mod kind of thing--and I have no idea how to really do it. I should start off with being patient (which isn't one of my strongest suits) and let it all come together with time...even though I really wish I could snap my fingers and just have the perfect apartment. I guess that's not as fun as letting the space come together organically with gradual finds.

I am absolutely vying for this blanket, above, which my (one friend) Lynden sent to me yesterday. (I thank you for sending this my way...but my wallet doesn't. It doesn't appreciate the hit it's bound to take, is all.) I bought this pillow, below, last week, which is why she sent me the blanket. I really love it.

My mom told me the other day not to spend too much on decor, when I'm most likely not going to be living in the same place forever. Which makes sense. I mean, why spend a bunch of money now, to design one particular space that won't be permanent? So, I am going to do my best to buy pieces I can take wherever I go next, without spending too too much money. Speaking along these frugal lines, I have decided to make my own headboard instead of buying one. It's kind of ambitious, but I decided on a very simple design, and the bf has tools I can use which will help me save a bit too. Hopefully, it will turn out well enough for me to post about it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment