Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"65 Books You Need To Read In Your 20s."


My friend Ingrid sent me this link yesterday, and I liked it enough to share! I want to be ambitious and read them all...but I think the first ones will be:
  •  The Sun Also Rises, by Ernest Hemingway

  • Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro

  • The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Díaz

Here's to hoping! (I also live like, across the street from a library--a  HUGE library, at that--so it's pretty embarrassing if I can't get on over there and pick up some books. Just sayin.')

PS- Do you have recommendations, if you've read any of these?

3 comments:

  1. I JUST read a post about Tina Fey's Bossy Pants and I notice it in the top of your photo there...def planning on getting that one! Also Never Let Me Go looks good.

    Can we just stop and discuss, "I LOVE DICK" ... really?? lol please read this and fill me in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Bossypants this week! It was hilarious and so good! I also read A Secret History a few years ago and I could not put it down. I've been trying to get friends to read it ever since! Such an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read "A Visit from the Goon Squad". Each chapter is a different character's perspective which I find to make for a quick and easy read!

    My ultimate favorite beach read is Valley of the Dolls- a bit dated but, nonetheless, a good read for a 20-something.

    ReplyDelete