Thursday, April 11, 2013

VIBE's musical geniuses since '93.


If you know me well, you know my heart lies with early 90's R&B/ hip-hop--so you could imagine my enthusiasm when I learned of VIBE's picks for 20 musical geniuses since 1993. While I agree with most of those listed (sorry Lil Wayne), I am surprised at some of the rankings! What do you think, do you agree with their thoughts on Biggie vs. Tupac, or Nas vs. Jay-Z? Or how about Puff Daddy-P Diddy-just Diddy ranking higher than all four? And R. Kelly topping the list?

Here are VIBE's selects:
  1. R. Kelly
  2. Kanye West
  3. Dr. Dre
  4. Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs
  5. Notorious BIG
  6. Jay-Z
  7. Timbaland
  8. Thom Yorke
  9. Rza
  10. Missy Elliott
  11. Pharrell
  12. D'Angelo
  13. Rick Rubin
  14. Outkast
  15. Nas
  16. Erykah Badu
  17. Eminem
  18. Tupac Shakur (Really? Number 18?!)
  19. Daft Punk
  20. Lil Wayne 
PS, I'm totally digging the art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment