Monday, April 15, 2013

Life's 3 Must-Haves.


                                                                                          Something to do
                                                                                          Something to love
                                                                                 Something to look forward to


Okay don't judge me. This weekend, while binge apartment cleaning, I found myself watching whatever I could find OnDemand - which included LA Shrinks. (I know.) It was more of a background noise kind of thing, but I was still clearly paying attention in some ways, because at one point, Dr. V. really caught my ear by saying: "My father taught me you need three things in life: something to do, something to love, and something to look forward to."

Now, I'm not sure if that makes as much sense to you as it does to me, but I am really going to adopt this life trifecta, if you will, and keep it in the forefront of my mind. In sum, it's saying keep busy, keep passionate, and make future goals. How can one be bored with those philosophies, ya know? And since I did a huge budget this weekend (my cleaning binge later spilled into a life-organizing binge), I think I'm going to apply some of my allotted "splurge" funds to things I will love and look forward to...whether that be new travels (hear that, Carli?!), or even a new lipstick and a fun place to wear it! I figure my meticulous budgeting will keep giving me "something to do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment