Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The best things in life aren't things.

 Me and Cara, age 9

But rather friends.

I am fortunate enough to have one of my best friends in the whole world, Cara, visiting me in Los Angeles for a whole week! She hasn't been out here since 2006, and this time around, I know a bit more of the city so it's probably more fun for the both of us. (Side note: I've been in LA almost 9 years now--crazy!)

From wearing baby Gap and Converse kicks, to now college graduates living the dream in the "working world," we've been friends for almost 2 decades. Which, I'm not going to lie, makes me feel pretty old. I feel blessed to have such a long-term friend, because I know not everyone is lucky enough to have friends like that. When I needed help in elementary school, she took it upon herself to tutor me in math class (I hate math...that's why I'm a Sociology major). I had a bit of a rough time in highschool, and she was there then too. After we graduated highschool, she'd send me cards via snail mail--which we all know I love--and she came out to visit me once I moved out to LA and attended UCLA. And now, she's here again, yay!

In short, Cara Ann, I adore you, and appreciate you more than I could ever tell you.


1 comment: