Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hair color personality.

I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to my hair, which I'm sure you can gather from this post, when I had half of my head shaved. (I still don't know if I'll shave again it or keep growing it...I have been growing it out the last 6 months but ugh, I want it back when I see someone with the side shave.) I have been every color--brown, black, red, blonde and probably a combo of each one, at some point--and have had pretty much every hair style; but recently I have wanted to go back to a lighter color. Maybe I'm in an overall lighter, happier mood? Or, to not psychoanalyze, I just haven't been blonde in a long, long time.

But, because analyzing can be fun, here are some "definitions" of hair color:
  •  Redheads are Feisty but Creative. Red-haired vixens are often believed to have a temper as hot as the color on their heads, and although this isn’t always the case, scientists do have reason to believe that red-heads tend to exhibit more passionate, explosive behaviors. And although only 13% of female CEOs would apparently choose to hire a red-haired candidate, the candidates who do get the job will most like end up being team-leaders and filling up positions that require quick-thinking.
  •  Blondes are Sexy and Outspoken. Most people believe blondes do have more fun! Researchers agree, stating that this hair color can really make a woman both feel and be seen by others as sexier. The "dumb blonde" stereotype, on the other hand, has been completely busted and blondes are nowadays considered just as smart as their brunette colleagues. 

  •  Brunettes Are Hardworking And Responsible. Often seen as smart and reliable, brunettes are, indeed, the most preferred job candidates. And, although 67% of female CEOs say that if they had to base their choice on a hair color, they’d choose a brunette; but scientists don’t agree, pointing out that brunettes aren’t any smarter than blondes, redheads or black-haired women--just simply more hard-working and responsible.
  •  Black-Haired Women are "Deep." Black-haired women are actually considered to be experts in finances. These ladies are also more concerned with the"bigger picture," and will often look inside themselves to find answers they are looking for.
Well, I guess I'll be still equal to my brunette peers as a blonde-to-be! (Take that, dumb blonde stereotype!) Blonde is a hard color to get right, and further to maintain. And everyone has done the ombré thing...so I'm not sure if I want to go that route and ease back into it that way. I did see this photo today on one of my favorite blogs, A Cup of Jo, and thought it was pretty:

It's still pretty light around the face, and a bit funky from those highlights. And I definitely want to go for the funk, in some way.

My hair has been getting much healthier from not coloring it recently, otherwise I'd be really bold and do this, particularly because I've been obsessed with red lipstick, too:


I'll post an update tomorrow with a photo of my hair, however it comes out! Let's just keep our fingers crossed for it coming out well, whatever it is....

What your hair color says about you.


(Related post) Lipstick personality. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see!! I love that photo from Cup of Jo and also think you should totally go plantinum. The combo of that color and your current do, thebomb.com.

    ReplyDelete