Friday, February 8, 2013

Girl on girl (but not what you're thinking)!

"Girlie" is not a term I'd typically use when describing myself; however, last night, my good friend Ingrid and I totally epitomized the term. She has a really fun upcoming date at the Los Angeles Theatre (to watch Romeo & Juliet, how adorable is that, by the way), and so we walked around downtown to find the perfect outfit for her! I then made us dinner, and then I did her hair. No, really...

So, I first took her to my favorite store,  I Love Fashion, where I did this photoshoot for their store website a few weeks back. It's only a couple of blocks from my apartment, which can get me into trouble. Well, technically, it gets my wallet into trouble. But anyway. We wound up walking right by the theatre Ingrid will be going to, and I had to snap a quick cell phone flick; the sky looked amazing last night.

Ingrid wound up scoring a really great dress, and I'm kind of jealous. I don't want to reveal it just yet--not that her date is reading this blog--but I'm hoping to snap some photos of her on Saturday when she's all done up!

Knowing the date was in a few days, and how us girls think, respectively, I made us a healthy meal:
I also made gluten-free, whole wheat fettuccine with zucchini ribbons and spinach--but per usual, was too busy eating it to remember to take a photo. (*Side note, I love using my salad tongs and bowl I got from Hawaii! It makes me happy, along with just eating, period.)

The hairstyling came next! Ingrid saw a cool "Princess Leia" up-do, as she called it (from Cupcakes and Cashmere), which we gave a quick go:




I really liked how the braids looked because of her ombr├ęd hair. This 'do is super easy too, because you can't really screw it up! I love a messy chic look; it really compliments any outfit. (My apologies again for the iPhone photos.)

Next, I did a quick fishtail braid (see my past tutorial here). Her dress has an adorable Peter pan collar, so we figured keeping her hair pulled back would be best. I decided to tease the braid itself with a comb--and voila!


Okay, so I'm giving you a sneak peek of the dress, above, because I think this is the winning look and because she just looks so cute! I can't wait to see her dressed up Saturday, complete with a red lip and heels! Love you, Ingrid!

(PS - don't mind the obnoxious hair elastic--I didn't have any clear ones with me.)

1 comment:

  1. Great post!
    Love your blog!
    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know! I would love it!
    www.therainstreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete