Friday, February 1, 2013

Must Make: Asparagus chicken pizza.

Behold the best pizza you will ever eat. I'm not just saying this because I'm the one who makes it and it's fantastic; it's really that good. My friends ask me to make this on a very regular basis, so I thought I'd spread the pizza love and share the recipe with you all. Enjoy!
I start by making my own whole wheat dough:
  • 1 package active dry yeast (I use fleischmann's)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 1 cup bread flour, or all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
  • 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
Stir water, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl; let stand until the yeast has dissolved (about 5 minutes). Stir in whole-wheat flour, bread flour (or all-purpose flour) until the dough begins to come together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. In theory, you should keep it in a warm place for about an hour or so when done, but I'm usually to anxious to eat.

Once your dough is ready, the rest is easy-peasy. Use garlic and oil as the "sauce," and place your asparagus spears and chicken on the pizza (you can throw onion on too, if you want). I usually then sprinkle some pepper on it, and then cover with mozzarella cheese! Bake it for 13-15 minutes at 450 or so, and then taste the best pizza you've ever had.


It's so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment