Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ubud, Bali (part I).

Carli and I had to say goodbye to Kuta after only a few days; however, we were headed to Ubud, Bali...so it wasn't so bad! Ubud is completely different from the crowded Kuta beach area. It's a quiet, almost sleepy province that is known for its art and fields of rice patties. It's definitely the place to go if you want to learn about culture. I'd love to spend a few months there, soaking it all in...


^^Rice patties, as shot from the car ride to Ubud!






 

                                        ^^People would wash their clothing items right in here!












             ^^Sarong lessons! Carli and I both scored some beautiful tapestries and cloth bags here. We did seem to always find a way to shop!





 ^^PS, there are so many kites in Bali! I'm not sure how this boy managed this one, given it's so much larger than he is!



                                               ^^She was preparing bamboo for the offerings!


 ^^The mom of these 3 pretty girls took this photo. I forget that my lens is kind of tricky if you don't know how to use it...







No comments:

Post a Comment