Thursday, October 25, 2012

What's your sign?




Ever since I moved to LA, people have asked what my "sign" is. My friends would ask. My classmates would ask. My coworkers would ask. Strangers would ask. 

So, I'd say, "I'm a Scorpio." And then they'd say, "Ohh, you are such a Scorpio." 

I had no idea what that meant. Or why it was unanimous that I was one. In Massachusetts, this wasn't a standard question asked, nor did people know me as being "such" a Scorpio. Whatever that was.

I wasn't sure if I should just shrug it off as an "LA thing," but I moved to LA, right? I should adapt the social norms of my fellow Los Angeleans and talk Astrology. (Or at least learn it first.)

Here's where I admit I am an absolute Scorpio. Such a Scorpio.


Scorpios and Independence: "Scorpios are fiercely independent. They are able to accomplish anything they put their mind to and they won't give up. They are perfectly suited to being on their own... some actually prefer to live on their own, that way there is never any issue of who controls what at home; they like to be in control."

Uh...ding ding ding! That would be me. The independent, controlling loner with dogs.

Scorpios and Friendship: Relationships with Scorpios are always complicated, just like the person...they can even be downright moody for no apparent reason. On the other hand, they are extremely loyal…the best advice is to be honest with a Scorpio friend and in return, you will gain an amazing friend who will be loyal and never make false promises."
 
Uh...that's me too.  The super complicated, loyal to a fault, Judy Attitude-y.

On a lighter note, this website wrote "a motto for Scorpios would be 'still waters run deep.' Those born under this sign are as emotional as their waterborne brethren, it's just that they're not as likely to show it."

I adore this; it makes being a Scorpio sound kind of poetic, doesn't it? 

(It also makes me want a tattoo.)


1 comment:

  1. I SO thought you should get a tattoo when I read that! I am a cancer and know nothing about it, you just jnspired me to look it up! Oh and after reading that, yes, you are SUCH a Scorpio!

    ReplyDelete