Sunday, October 14, 2012

Must Make: Quinoa mac + cheese.


Oh yes. My latest obsession, remixed.

I don't know why quinoa isn't more popular. Or why I didn't discover it earlier (the latter is more likely). Either way, all I am making recently is quinoa! So, you can imagine my excitement when I came across this recipe for quinoa mac + cheese. I was at the grocery store within hours.

Here is what you need:




I took a cue from this recipe, and toasted my quinoa for a couple of minutes first. And I used chicken stock versus water, just to give it more flavor. I also made sure to use rinsed quinoa, to alleviate some of the work--as an amateur quinoa-maker, I am not sure what or how to rinse it anyway!

When the quinoa is done, whisk the eggs and milk together, and fold in quinoa mixture and cheese. Transfer to a baking dish, and add bread crumbs (and bacon if you'd like). When done, it should look like this:


I love a dish that looks like it took much more effort than it really did!

No comments:

Post a Comment