Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My neighbor bought me a vibrator.



So, I came home from work one day and found a Macy's bag hanging from my apartment door. I had no clue who would have bought me something mid-day from Macy's, nor did I know who could have access to my apartment building without being buzzed in.

I  went inside and opened the Macy's bag, and I noticed another bag inside. So I opened that one.
...It was a vibrator.


I immediately knew who the "gift" was from, because I had just talked to my neighbor about it. He had joked about wanting to buy me a vibrator-which creeped me out as is-and I made it crystal clear that I didn't think it was funny. He could be cool at times, but in typical guy fashion, he'd get completely awkward and inappropriate. And any chance of a friendship usually stops right after, well, he gives you a vibrator.

I promptly returned it to his doormat, and fortunately haven't seen him since, relieving me of any post-vibrator conversation. This does make me wonder though: is it faux pas for a male friend to give a female friend a vibrator? If not, is there a certain level of "closeness" that needs to be attained, prior to giving (or receiving) a gift like that? Would it be more appropriate if it was a female friend who purchased it? Or should it be a personal topic only?



PS, a friend texted me after reading this post, and said I should have kept the vibrator. I told her I didn't need bad vibes in my sex life.



1 comment:

  1. Def faux pax! And who knew Macy's sold vibrators?!

    ReplyDelete