Friday, October 19, 2012

Go bold or go home.

Ivania Carpio, Love Aesthetics

Everyone's doing it.

Bold hair color has definitely been the "it" thing to do this past year. Everyone from Britney Spears to  Dakota Fanning to the girl next to me at Starbucks has been trying it out. Dip dye, rainbow fade, chalk ombré- you name it, it's being done.

When I was growing up, kids who were allowed to dye their hair probably weren't kids my parents would let me hang out with. Boring. Granted, we lived in a relatively small town, with an equally small chance of fashion risk. Crazy hair styles and bright hair dye were seen as rebellious...but I guess with reason, as wild ways typically accompanied wild hair. Meh. (I secretly always wanted to dye my hair blue.)

Today, you wouldn't look twice if you saw fluorescent hair.  People are becoming less and less conservative with fashion and beauty (hello, I shaved half my head!), and simply becoming more fun, regardless of age. Needless to say, I am loving it.

How chic is this gray color (above)?  Intentionally dyeing your hair gray...who'd a thunk.


Bold hair color moves from alternative to mainstream.

Ivania Carpiro's blog: Love Aesthetics

1 comment:

  1. I can see you doing a funky color. Not loving gray hair on anyone i dont think. But brights, dips, ombres. I like.

    ReplyDelete