It's been four(ish) months since my last post. And it's been a long four(ish) months--both good and bad.
I'm not one of those people that can force things, and therefore am not one that can force blog posts. If I am feeling completely uninspired, or feeling completely blah, I just can't write. I don't even feel inclined to take photos, which is weird. And then I think, "well, I'm not even sure if people are reading this (besides my mother), so it's all good if I want to take a four-plus month hiatus..."
But that probably isn't the best attitude to have. I blog because I love to write, take photographs, and share my experiences. When I take a photo that I absolutely adore, or have a great day with a good friend, or when I read other people's blogs, I get that "I want to blog!" itch. So here I am. With a quick four(ish) month re-cap:
- A "bucket list" item checked off: I went platinum blonde for a couple of months, which was fun, but holy maintenance (and money). It was cool while it lasted.
- I had a really cool photo gig for the new Dodger's Stadium restaurants (and I got to sample pretty much everything I photographed). It was actually my first time at the stadium, too!
- Since we are on the food topic, I have had a recent obsession with pancakes. No clue where it is coming from (and no, I'm not pregnant). I found the "only pancake recipe you'll ever need," via Huffington Post.
- My good friend in LA had her second baby (most of my friends with children are back East), and I was able to grab some newborn shots! I really love newborn photography, and I wish more of my friends out this way would pop out some babies. Just sayin'.
^^I'm not sure what it is about baby feet...^^
^^Or two sets of little feet...^^
- I took a weekend trip to Seattle with the boy.
^^Can you believe this is an iPhone shot?^^
^^This is probably my favorite cityscape shot that I've ever taken.^^
^^And this is a close runner-up.^^
- My little guy, Ziggy, has epilepsy, which fortunately has been under control for the last 2 months now. His (twice daily) medicine has been so helpful, and I pray it will stay that way. It's been a pretty rough time, to be honest.
- My godson, Julian, turned one! Where on Earth does the time go.
- And my sister, Maggie, graduated high school this past weekend! I can't deal. I will forever see her as my little baby sister, with curly red hair, big blue eyes and glasses, following me around wherever I went. I am just so proud of her.
Finally, I reupholstered my couch, and I can't wait to keep on decorating my space to make it more "me." I love interior design, and really want to focus more on it. More photos--and maybe blogs--to come on this topic ;)
(Feels good to be back!)
(Feels good to be back!)